In the ISN, you can use the SMS Messaging system in one of two ways:
- You can send text messages from our generic 702 messaging number.
- You can send texts from a personalized and localized SMS number of your choosing.
We always recommend having your own SMS number in the ISN.
If you own your own SMS number, this offers you several advantages:
- The number can be localized, so you can choose a phone number within an area code that is located in your territory. (instead of the default 702 area code we use for SMS events in ISNs without their own SMS Number)
- If a client replies to that text, you'll get an email with the reply along with a button you can click to send a response back. (If you don't have your own SMS number, you still get these replies but accuracy is only at around 90% without your own SMS number)
- If the client calls you on that number, that call is routed to your office phone number.
- You can send Cancel and Reschedule Notices as text messages.
- You can text the Real Estate Dashboard directly to your agents from the desktop ISN or the ISN Mobile. Make it easy for Real Estate Agents to do business with you and text the Real Estate Dashboard to them. Help them put it on their phone, so when they walk away they are walking away with YOUR logo on THEIR phone!
Owning your own SMS number is $15 a month. For $15 a month you can ensure you will receive all of your text replies, return phone calls and improve your service to agents by texting them from your local phone number.
To learn how to purchase your own SMS number, see this help article: http://help.inspectionsupport.net/isn-how-to-s/purchase-your-own-smstext-number